Wednesday, August 13, 2014

We Are Learning!

We are working hard in my classes!

The English IV kids are working on research papers already, the Creative Writing kids have joined our online private writing group through Figment and are learning all about writing dialogue, and the English II kids have spent the past three days learning to analyze characterization through diction and syntax.

I'm so grateful for the donations you've sent!  Sarah sent an Amazon card today that will just about give me the balance of a class set of the Rick Bragg books for Creative Writing.  I could still use a couple of extras in case I get another student added to the class.

The Creative Writing kids all got SmashBooks thanks to leftovers from a great donation last year and some new funds received this year.  I had four left over from last year.

We still have a few needs and my Donors Choose project is not yet fully funded.  If it doesn't reach its "goal" and doesn't get fully funded, my class doesn't get any of the donated funds - they are returned to the donors.  So I really need that one to reach its goal!

This is my Adopt my Classroom site and as always, my Amazon links are below which can be shipped directly to my classroom:  Mrs. Becker, Bossier High School, 777 Bearkat Drive, Bossier City, LA , 71111.

My students are working so hard and are so excited by all the new things we are doing this year.  Thanks again and again to you who have given.  I just can't tell you how much it means to my kids when they get Smashbooks, notebooks, flashdrives, or even hi-lighters to facilitate their learning and progress.

Means a lot to me, too.  So thank you!




No comments: