Sunday, April 11, 2010

No Seething Hatred Here

Mark Steyn at The Corner points to this headline from The Miami Herald:

Unified By Hatred Of Obama, GOP Still Searches For Challenger

Against my better judgment and concern for my blood pressure, I clicked on over.

Can I just address the fact that first of all "hatred of Obama" misstates the point, and I'm not speaking for the GOP because I'm not empowered to do that, but I'm speaking only for myself.  We had this argument way back when Rush Limbaugh said he wanted Obama's policies to fail.  Oh, I know; he said "I hope he fails," but anyone with a grain of sense can read the context and know he meant Obama's radical policies.  We've been there and done that.

This headline only takes us back there.  It's the same argument.

Let me be clear.  I don't hate Obama.  I hate Obama's policies.  Period.

Now.  As to the rest of the article which addresses potential GOP challengers to Obama in 2012, let me suggest that Steven Thomma, author of the piece, missed the point or major theme of the SRLC in that the next battle the GOP is anticipating is 2010.  We're looking at the fall.  As Haley Barbour said, 2012 will take care of itself after that.

I'll go on record right now and say that I don't believe any of the current leaders on the Des Moines Register GOP Caucus poll will be the actual nominee in 2012.  But, I'm not worried about that right now.

(Cross-posted at Potluck)

No comments: