Friday, January 2, 2009

RSS Feed Readers



I'm curious about RSS Feed Readers. I'd like to know if any of you guys use feed readers and which one you prefer.

Over the past few months I have accumulated a long list of blogs and other sites that I like to read. The longer the list gets, the more time I spend clicking back and forth to see if they've been updated. On my sidebar I have a list of "Great Blogs" and these are set to list in order of most recently updated. So for example, when Nikki updates her blog, she moves to the top of the list.

I also have a list of non-blog sites that I like to read, but it doesn't update that same way - it's just a list -- so I find myself for example, going to the New York Times Blogs page and clicking on each one that I like just to see who has updated.

The point of all this is that a reader would save me some time, I think. Maybe I just spend too much time on the internet! Anyway, who uses a reader and which one do you like and why?!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Google Reader is a really popular one. I have another one but it's for Macs. You can google RSS readers to explore a few, but I know most people use Google Reader.