Tuesday, August 10, 2010

On Blogging, Routines, Schedules, and Discipline Referrals

I've had three different people tell me today they miss my regular political blogging; how nice that was!

These last weeks of summer have been consumed with my mom's fall, illness, and settlement into The Glen for PT and rehab, and now the start of school.  The past two days have been  inservice, which has NOTHING to do with working in your room to prepare...that is done EARLIER in the week on your own time! 

 The students show up tomorrow and I really am looking forward to getting back into a routine and a normal schedule.  Some days I'll be harried as hell because I'll naturally have to run out to check on my mom a couple of times a week which will put me home much later than normal.  By the time I cook dinner and clean up the kitchen, it'll be my bedtime!

But, we'll adjust.  Routine is good.  Fall elections are coming! 

I appreciate your kind comments and I promise I'm still here and not going anywhere.  In the meantime, check my friend Naomi Lopez-Bauman's column with Robert DePosada on Charlie Rangel.  He's a piece of work, no? 

And if it's gleeful snark you need, check out my blogging idol Bride of Rove.  I just adore her.

Meanwhile, tomorrow I'll be explaining the rules of the school, "major" and "minor" infractions, and class expectations to sophomores.  The Louisiana schools discipline referral form has been revised this year.  Be sure to check out item #22.   Here's hoping none of us actually have to write a referral for THAT one.  Don't freak...it's been on referrals around the country for years, just not ours.  It's just a little disconcerting, is all.

Happy school year to me!, and I'll be back on my political saw horse in a day or two!

5 comments:

Tina said...

I bet you never have discipline problems. Kids know a "cool" teacher when they get one. :-)

Welcome back to the blackboard!

Tina

AmPowerBlog said...

Have a wonderful school year, Pat!

kevin Collins said...

back to work Pat.
keep writing and i'll buy you a beer.
maybe two.
grew up in shreveport, live in fairbanks.
Sad day for alaska today.

kevin

kevin Collins said...

back to work Pat.
keep writing and i'll buy you a beer.
maybe two.
grew up in shreveport, live in fairbanks.
Sad day for alaska today.

kevin

BoR said...

Thank you for the link. You gotta cut out the compliments, though. The pressure ...