Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oktoberfest is Here!

So Oktoberfest is open in Munich as of last weekend so you know what that means.  It's Oktoberfest blogging at SIGIS!  It's a tradition.

What's not to love about Oktoberfest?!  A two week festival for beer?  OMG!  All in!

Don't these people look like they're having fun!?



More great pictures here.

My Oktoberfest dirndl for this year arrived today - it's perfect.  Fits perfect (always scary with mail order) and is adorable.  



AND it's not a "costume" like my ensemble from last year was.  Now, I DID win the costume contest last year (and the year before)...


but I suspect my more "modest" outfit this year won't draw top prize.  Besides, it didn't look quite that cute on me:


I don't really care about the costume contest.  It's about raising money to bring airmen home for the holidays and I'm all for that.  It's a good cause.

To get you going, check out this video from the Choctaw, Oklahoma Oktoberfest.  The same band will be at BAFB on Oktober  October 5.  A road trip might be in order next year!



Good times!

2 comments:

Red said...

YEAH! I don't need to tell you but I'm going to anyway, HAVE FUN PAT! :-D

commoncents said...

Love visiting your blog! Keep up the great work!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com