Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sarah's Style


I don't know WHAT I was thinking but I decided to take a random look at the Huffington Post today. I guess with the RNC coming up tonight and Gustav blowing out I'm back onto politics. Anyway, what a handy trick for my low-blood pressure! The Huff Post takes care of that like you would not believe. Between that and Maureen Dowd's column (thanks Sarah!), I'm all riled up.


I'll not comment on Dowd as my friend Sarah handled that one. But the Huff Post - hilarious. The article that got me going is actually from The Times Online but linked on Huff (on their Palin attack page - the same page that's taking odds on Palin's withdrawal).


We are now down to attacking Palin's fashion. WHO didn't see THAT coming? We can't attack her on issues so lets attack her hair-do and her lipstick! A quote: "Miss Wasilla 1984 knows that America’s real golden age was the Eighties. Dynasty on the TV, Reagan in the White House. What could be finer?" While I do agree that nothing could be finer than Reagan in the White House, this is just petty! The article even suggests that Palin was photoshopped into a boat photo. Good grief, get a life.


I'm assuming the article is "tongue-in-cheek" because I don't think anybody takes the Huff Post seriously. Do they?

1 comment:

Mary Frances Archer said...

I simply could never have stood being in the public eye - I am just too sensitive to criticism. I would absolutely lose my mind over the press shooting my fat ass on the beach, zooming in on my stretchmarks, or talking about whatever the hell I did that left a record in my 20s (**cough or 30s cough**) ;) Truly insane. Who gives a fuck what shoes anyone wears!!! But I will say - you want to run for second in line for the leader of the free world - expect a thorough "background" check and CONSTANT criticism. Not a fan as you know of the Republican ticket this election year - but I'm with you about the shoes - pathetic mudslinging.