Saturday, April 25, 2015

Trap, Neuter, Return: If Your Cat Comes in My Yard...


Around the first of the year this beautiful stray calico cat showed up at our house.  We tried to find her home and failing that, I tried to find a nice inside home for her where she wouldn't have to live outside, but no luck.  There are too many unwanted cats as it is.  Meanwhile, we figured out the cat was pregnant.

Now we have these two adorable kittens, born on March 17.  She delivered five, but three fell victim to neighborhood tomcats; we have three inside dogs and can't have inside cats.  I constructed the Fort Knox of cat kennels after losing three kittens, and now we have these two precious kittens living inside this modified dog kennel.  

We also have a tabby cat that lives outside; she adopted us when her owners moved away and
Fort Knox Cat Kennel
abandoned her.  Luckily she was already spayed.

We're going to try to keep the kittens but they absolutely must be fixed. Robinson's Rescue is a perfect option for that and will be scheduling that appointment in the next few days.  I don't know how far out in advance they schedule.  

The mother cat must be fixed immediately.  I've scheduled an appointment with the vet for her which will set us back $200; but it must be done ASAP.  The tomcats are already prowling.

I'm going to go TNR on every stray cat that walks into my yard.  If your cat walks into my yard and still has his balls, I'm trapping him and getting him fixed. 

I'm sick to death of irresponsible pet owners.  

If you'd like to contribute a few dollars to my TNR cause, hit the PayPal button on the sidebar.  I'd be grateful!

No comments: