Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Orleans Saints to Raffle Super Bowl Ring to Help Gulf Coast

Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints are doing their part to contribute to the aid effort on the Gulf coast.  Brees told Fox News this morning that they will be offering "a chance for you to take home a Super Bowl ring. They want the proceeds to go towards the victims, clean-up and any other damage caused by the oil spill."

Details will be forthcoming but there's a raffle involved.

The website to watch is here and is set to go live this afternoon.

Watch for updates.

There is a full page of other ways you can help here.

Update:  The site (above) is now live.

The entry deadline is 11 a.m. September 7.  The winner will be announced on the 9th at the Saints nationally televised season opener.

  • Winner will receive an authentic New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Ring (the same exact ring
    the players receive)
  • Winner will be announced at the Nationally Televised New Orleans Saints Season Opener
    on September 9, 2010
  • Winner will receive a cash prize in the amount of $2,178.00 to mitigate the Winner's tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($1,800.00) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($378.00) 
And yes, I just ordered mine!

5 comments:

Red said...

What a class act!

Sandy said...

I have been to that link several times and I can't find where to buy a chance on the ring. What am I missing here?

Pat Austin Becker said...

Scroll to the bottom where it says 'Order Raffle Tickets"...click on the red square and it'll walk you through the "yes, I'm over 18" thing and then your order form.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome and for a great cause!!

I do have to say, if I won, I would melt that sucker down and have some great jewelry (perhaps a V.Shianco jersey) :)

Seriously though, that is awesome the Saints are doing so much for the community.

Pat Austin Becker said...

@ Anon
I think if I won it I'd put it on eBay and donate the $$ right back to the same cause. Get a cycle going!

Of course, my teenager would kill me.