Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Sift

Quick Friday morning sift:

Busy weekend ahead!  I'm giving a huge To Kill a Mockingbird final today so I'll be drowning in papers all weekend.  Today is my mother's birthday so I'm headed out to The Glen to see her this afternoon; tomorrow is MY birthday and we're headed to Minden to see Milly, the dogs, and do some antiquing.  LSU is having a football game for my birthday tomorrow, against West Virginia, and surely will win it for me.  Sunday I'll probably hang low and recuperate. 

On the news sift, Peggy Noonan notes the enraged and exhausted; while Ms. Noonan is often eloquent, she leaves ME exhausted much of the time.  I used to adore her but I read her with more skepticism now.

Krauthammer is anticipating an electoral tsunami this fall.  I still adore Krauthammer despite his railing against O'Donnell.  We differ sometimes, but I still think he's brilliant.

BoR has a quote which is sad, but true.

One week from today is OCTOBERFEST!   I'll try to get some practice in this weekend IYKWIMAITYD.

Ron Ross at Am. Spectator tells you how to beat liberals.

U.S. delegates walked out on I'mANutJob's speech at the U.N. but I'd like to know what took 'em so long.  Seriously.  And there was Obama with his olive branch, once again, and once again I'mANutJob takes his chain saw to it.  Will he never learn?  Ever? 

Have a great Friday and I'll check in later this afternoon.  What are your weekend plans?

6 comments:

The Oracle said...

Ditto on Noonan and Krauthammer.

Charlene said...

Happy Birthday.

I'm spending the week end at a hideaway with a lover. We'll be looking at fall leaves and eating out.

Charlene said...

Happy Birthday.

I'm spending the week end at a hideaway with a lover. We'll be looking at fall leaves and eating out.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Happy Birthday, our Odyssey Book 9 test is next week. Here is one of the questions for you to answer...

When the Cyclops prays to Poseidon what does he pray for?

A: A safe return for Odysseus
B: A date with Aphrodite
C: To win Megabucks at Mandalay Bay
D: For Odysseus to have a long difficult journey home
E: None of the above

sheryl said...

happy birthday!!! hope lsu wins.

Bride Of Rove said...

Happy Birthday!