Saturday, September 4, 2010

Opening Day


Opening Day!  And there's just enough nip in the air this morning where I could almost get away with making gumbo for the game, except Steve and I are headed to Minden this afternoon to see Milly and to pick up my cast iron tea kettle she's holding for me!  I'll take some more pictures of her treasures for y'all.

Gumbo or not, my LSU flag is already out and my LSU Doodle bangle ready to go!  We have an Opening Game festivity to attend this evening and I'll be carrying my super cute LSU gold purse!  (If you live around here and want to come watch the game with us, come on down to Code 3 right by the west gate of BAFB!)  Crazy fun.

FMJRA to come later, probably tomorrow.  Happy Saturday to you.

7 comments:

Jim said...

I was just thinking of doing a game day post, and you did it for me!
Geaux Tigers!!

No Sheeples Here! said...

@Pat,

Congratulations on your victory. The Heels may have seemed like an easy win in the beginning, but they were cardiac kids at the moment of that fumble with less than a minute to go in the game.

Steve Burri said...

Tigers dodge bullet.

Pat Austin Becker said...

No lie, Steve; no lie. I see now why they're ranked 21. They hardly showed up for the second half and just got lucky. Might be a long year unless they settle down!

Steve Burri said...

Pat,

A neither here nor there side note:

Many moons ago when I bought my first VCR, I had to get a tape to go with it. In the sale bin was "Everybody's All-American." (Somehow supposed to be related to Billy Cannon) So I got my taste of L.S.U. lore there.

Pat Austin Becker said...

Heh! Terrible movie! I saw it a time or two. Jessica Lange's accent was horrendous. "Cake! Caakkkee!"

She was cute doing the twist but that's about it. Awful movie!

Fenway_Nation said...

Why do I imagine that the different Div. 1 schools across Louisiana would have some pretty awesome vittles at their tailgate parties?