Monday, March 25, 2013

Forward Progress

I promise I'm not going to blog about my grieving process everyday, but I AM trying to get back into the habit of daily blogging.  So bear with me.

I always feel better when I feel like I'm making forward progress on things, so today I contacted the attorney about setting up a meeting on filing the succession; I called the Social Security office and the other places mom got pensions from and make notifications there. That was about two hours of automated answering system hell so that was enough for the day.

Honestly, when you call a pension department to tell them this person has died, their recorded announcement of "We are so sorry for your loss.  Please accept our condolences" would have so much more authenticity if it came from a real person.

I wasted another two hours today on Facebook and Pinterest.  I discovered Smashbook on Pinterest.  Is anybody doing these things?  I think they're cool looking.  I've ordered two and am going to give it a shot.  I used to love scrapbooking and this seems like mini-scrapbooking on the go.  I think I'm going to do one on the "treasures" I pick up from estate sales so I'll know where they come from.  They'll be perfect for trips, like if I actually get to go to Iowa this summer to see Steve's family.  Here's one from the blog Inspiration Everywhere:


If you're building a house it would be a cool way to keep up with ideas.  Example:


Here's a little video about Smashbook:



I'm going to give it a shot and see if I like it.

After I wasted the morning on the internet, I went to the grocery store where I forgot half of what I went for and nearly left one of my bags on the carousel which make the clerk chase me out into the parking lot with my whole chicken in her hands.  That's the second time in two days I've done that.

Forgetful.

Let me thank you again for all the wonderful messages and notes you've sent.  It means a lot.  I think the best thing for me to do is to stay busy.  I do better when I'm busy.  I have closets to clean out and a junk room to clean out this week.  That ought to do wonders.

Forward progress!

2 comments:

Mr. SIGIS said...

And don't forget that you can scrapbook for our little local excursions to places like: Natchitoches, Jefferson, Minden, and hopefully new places to explore!
I do want to go back to the Kisatchie Forest!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Post all you want! It helps; I know.

And I do have a book you can edit if you want to stay really busy ;-)