Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Merry Christmas???


I was in Albertson's this afternoon picking up a few groceries and I was looking at the fun Halloween novelty things and especially the Halloween candy; I was thinking how much I enjoy fall and the cooler weather, the leaves falling, the upcoming Thanksgiving Break...

And then there it was. Assaulting my senses. Snapping my attention away from Halloween and into ... Christmas. The Nutcracker Suite was playing. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. I tried to shake it off and move on to the Halloween costumes but then... Jingle Bells. No lie. Jingle Bells. And then I looked above me at the speakers with the incredulous look on my face and what did I see? Giant Tacky Christmas inflatables. Just yesterday the Halloween ones were there. Now - Christmas. Sigh.

I know that Christmas starts earlier every single year. In fact, I have already seen my first Christmas commercial. But good grief retailers! Let us enjoy fall! Don't rush me into Christmas yet! I'll be SICK of it by the time it gets here! And for the record, "Daddy D" cited his first Christmas abuse back in August.

No comments: