Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Refrigerators, Political Research and Daily Life



Yesterday was one of THOSE days. The Teenager had to go to the doctor (virus); I didn't get home until after 6 which is later than usual. Then I check my email and have a hot flurry of people attacking me on my blog; as most of my readers know, I like a healthy debate, so this wasn't necessarily bad. But when folks start insulting my intelligence (or my spelling) and get all personal then I get testy. I think there is room for debate without, as my students would say, "hating on each other." You don't have to agree with me; in fact, life would be dull if we all agreed all the time. But be respectful. Geez.

Anyway, after defending myself to the blogosphere, during the evening I noticed that everything in the freezer was mushy. This was not a total shock as it hasn't been keeping as cold as it should for some time now. But mushy? Not acceptable. So I ditched food, cleaned it out, and went today to get a new one which will arrive on Saturday; the nice folks at Sears will haul my dead one away. I like the new one coming in better - it's bigger. And prettier. Now I just have to reconfigure a few things in the kitchen.

The Obama Show is coming on tonight. Who plans on watching?! I probably will, just out of curiosity (and despite claims to the contrary in the comments, I do my research), but I don't anticipate being swayed in any way. Besides, I want to watch the World Series!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That fridge is WAY better than what you have! You will like the double doors AND the water/ice dispenser on the front! I use stainless steel polish to keep mine pretty. :)

Pat Austin Becker said...

Yeah, I was wondering about that; I'm wondering about fingerprints.

Mary Frances Archer said...

omg it's a modern side by side - FINALLY :p

Nikki said...

You'll get fingerprints but not as badly as you are probably thinking. Ours stay pretty clean. Just keep a can of the polish or the wipes handy, and you'll be fine.