Let’s recap the last year of the Democrats’ Health Care Takeover adventure. Why? Because it was fun, and we won:
- With 60% majorities in both House and Senate, and flush from victories on Porkulus and Cap-and-Trade, Obama and the media tried selling America on their signature issue - government health care takeover — with glib lies, fuzzy math, and blaming ‘evil’ insurance companies.
- FAIL – it smelled like a government takeover.
- They shut Republicans and their ideas out of all discussions, in order to shut down dissent.
- FAIL – America noticed, and so came the August recess fiasco. So also came 99.54% party discipline, as only Joe Cao (from a hyper-blue district) voted with the Democrats, to date.
- They skipped, dodged, and staged astroturfed townhalls.
- FAIL – Twitter. Internet. Americans found and crashed the meetings anyway.
- They sent their SIEU and ACORN thugs to intimidate ordinary outraged Americans.
- FAIL – People took their beatings. And brought video cameras.
What happens next? It's there, too:
There are five more. Read the whole post.
Six things I can think of, the first three within days. I couldn’t say what order, because things will move pretty quickly. So I list them how my mind sorts them.
1. The Supreme Court will strike it down within days.
I don’t remember which of the 3 authors I cited said this (or maybe I heard it on the radio), so I don’t know who to cite. But every American has standing here, due to the exceedingly far reach of the Health Care Takeover bill. Somebody will sue. I predict GOP members of Congress will, and it will go straight to the Supreme Court. They will strike down the whole caboodle, and they will do it almost immediately. Probably 6-3, with Breyer and Kennedy voting with the originalists. Their ruling is very likely to include language extremely damning of the behavior of Democrats.