Thursday, April 5, 2012

Michael Grady is Alive and Well in North Louisiana

This one is for the locals...

Back in 2010 I posted a link to Michael Grady's CD "Nona Mae"; Grady still has a lot of fans around here and many wrote or emailed me to ask where he was and what he was up to.

In response to that I'm here to report that Grady is alive and well in North Louisiana and has just returned from a week long gig in Mexico.  He tells me he's working with Dino Zimmerman again on...wait for it...a CD of 40s music!

What a kick!  Can't wait for that!

I would love to see Grady perform at the Highland Jazz & Blues Fest.

Can we make it happen?




(See most recent Mike Grady updates here)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear Grady is still around. I knew him and Dino years ago. Dino will be missed by many. I know this is an old post, but I just stumbled upon it the other day. Would love to know if Grady ever done anything with that song he wrote about the girl he met on the bus in Sedalia, MO back in 1986.

Anonymous said...

Whew, I was surprised to see ole Mikey on the web. if you see him again, tell him Ms, Sheri from his days back in NYC, was just surfing and found this. Wishing him well, and would love to hear his version of 40s music. Still crazy after all these years, gotta love him

Sheri said...

Whew, I was surprised to see ole Mikey on the web. if you see him again, tell him Ms, Sheri from his days back in NYC, was just surfing and found this. Wishing him well, and would love to hear his version of 40s music. Still crazy after all these years, gotta love him

Ron Golinger said...

Glad to find Michael Grady is still rockin' it.
I am long gone from S'port but I'll always be delighted at the memory of first hearing him play and the State Fair in 1978. Glad I was a small part of his NYC gig after that.
I hum his song "Louisiana" now and then.
"Louisiana I got you under my skin.."

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted to share that Michael Grady sang for a handful of fans on the beach in Mexico this afternoon. At one point he passed his old guitar over to Rattlesnake Annie and she sang 2 beautiful songs for us as well. Amazing and surprising gift from both of these very talented artists. Can't thank them enough. Feeling so honored and blessed for the experience.

Leonard said...

Is this the Michael Grady that co-wrote Dog House? Haven’t seen him since Nashville, 1990. He used to borrow my Airdale, Winston, who would do what ever Michael wanted him to, wear a cap and sun glasses, etc. Michael would introduce Winston as an A&R man and the dog would play the part perfectly for Michael, wouldn’t wear that stuff for me.
Anyway, been so long, but he looks like the Michael I knew. Just wanting to reconnect, John Fulton