Saturday, May 25, 2013

The SIGIS Summer Begins

It's officially summer for me!  School closed yesterday at long last.  It's been a very long year, what with the implementation of Common Core, and a new teacher evaluation system which created a lot of stress for everyone.  My mom fell back in August and fractured her neck and I missed a week of school; she passed away in March and I missed four more days.  All in all, it was a stressful year.

Bring on summer!

I am ready.

I go back to work August 4 (Open House) and it will come all too soon.

We spent the day yesterday in class taking our Caesar final.  There is always a lot to do to close school, and the kids all checked out after their last final which left the afternoon pretty much open for us to get our paper work done and final grades recorded.  Before they left my last class of the day left messages for me on my whiteboard which just warmed my heart:


We had a really good semester in that class.



They were eager to learn, they all got along together, and they did every single thing I asked of them.  They really got into Julius Caesar!



I hated to erase the board, really.

Love those kids.  Really.

So now it's time for some rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation.  Bring it on!

No comments: