Monday, February 7, 2011

AOL Acquires HuffPo

From today's NYT on AOL's acquisition of the Huffington Post:

By handing so much control over to Ms. Huffington and making her a public face of the company, AOL, which has been seen as apolitical, risks losing its nonpartisan image. Ms. Huffington said her politics would have no bearing on how she ran the new business. 

I'm not sure which is funnier:  that AOL is apolitical or that Arianna will leave her politics out of it.  Bwahahahahahaa!

Okay.

8 comments:

Laurence L. said...

Have long been of the opinion that AOL is going to go the way of NYT, i.e. a sinking ship.

Making AH the AOL editor in chief of media has just made my opinion become fact.

Reading the memo from their CEO it's not clear who is buying who. But he believes AH is the most successful entrepreneur since Howard Hughes....Say no more dude.

Red said...

An acquisition by internet giant AOL resulting in an apolitical affiliation with a slant-free Huffington Post?

Bride Of Rove said...

So I tall to Miss Rose and bought the inkwell. She is very nice. It's a shame she's a dog person ;)

Pat Austin Becker said...

She IS a very nice lady and she is indeed a dog person! You probably made her day! I'm a touch envious...it's a lovely piece, but I do hope you enjoy it! :)

Bride Of Rove said...

I actually made space on my vanity for it.

Bride Of Rove said...

Oh and the comments over at gawker on this topic are hilarious.

Fenway_Nation said...

I'm beginning to wonder if I simply wrote the words 'Air America' on a cocktail napkin, the braintrust over at AOL woul parachute in with a brifcase full of greenbacks ......

Sarah said...

Don't talk about my new boss that way. FML.