Monday, June 11, 2012

Full Metal Jacket Reach Around: The Thermostat Drop Edition

My AC guy just left after repairing my unit which quit working yesterday.  It was working yesterday morning; Steve and I left in the afternoon, went to the American Legion for a couple of beers on the lake, returned home and it was 85 degrees inside.  

I put in an SOS to my AC guy who showed up at 8:30 this morning and replaced the capacitor which is apparently lots better than having to replace a compressor.  I'm very grateful for chilled air right now.  It's going to be almost 100 today and it had hit 90 in the house before Ron finished the AC job.   How did people survive before air conditioning?!

So, while the dogs and I sit real still and enjoy the 20 degree drop in temperature, I'm surfing the blogs.

The New Yorker imagines an Obama second term - horrors.  The Pirate's Cove dissects and analyzes the article so you don't have to subject yourself to it.  (H/T:  Memeorandum).

The Daley Gator reports that the Paulbots are really, really upset about Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney.

Speaking of endorsements, is anyone surprised that Castro's daughter endorsed Obama?  Read American Power's post (with video).

Professor Jacobson OWNS the Elizabeth Warren coverage; he's been all over this story.

The Camp of the Saints reports on another blogger targeted because of his Kimberlin reporting.

Anyone contemplating voting third party in November should note Wyblog's post concerning five words every conservative should fear.  Smitty concurs:  "Let's play crayons with the Constitution...".

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to wreck in a "smart car"?  See Doug Ross.

Pecan Corner has discovered that there is life after a computer dies, and it's not so bad!  I concur; I've completed a lot more projects, have a cleaner house, and have read more books since I lightened up on my blogging.  

Let's check the thermostat. 

Okay - we've dropped from 90 to 83 while I've been surfing.  Let's keep going for a few more degrees.

Maggie's Notebook shares Judge Andrew Napolitano's outrage over drones spying on private citizens.

The Rio Norte Line shares the wonders of universal health care which will be our future unless SCOTUS come through.

Ace reports on the Eric Holder contempt vote in the House.

Ed Morrissey reports that while Obama will still likely keep his hold on the Jewish vote, support is evaporating there.

Jed Babbin has an important article over at American Spectator on the leaks coming from the Obama White House.

Okay, it's time for me to get back to work around here.  The thermostat has dropped to 81 so I think I can get back to my baseboard scrubbing without having a heat stroke.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a better question. After Obama and his cronies at the EPA finish their goal of eliminating coal power plants, how is anyone going to be able to run an air conditioner? God help us if he gets re-elected.