Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Like a Dog Waiting for an Earthquake

It feels as if we're on the precipice of something big here.  Everything is pending.  It's just a feeling in the air.  Like how a dog will cower when he senses an earthquake or a tornado is coming.  Tension.

The ObamaCare ruling is coming tomorrow.

The Eric Holder contempt vote is coming tomorrow.

And then there's that election in November.

I can hardly wait for this ObamaCare ruling tomorrow; if this goes against the petulant man-child in any way at all I can only imagine the wrath that will come down upon us from him.  Just look at what he did to Arizona after he lost one of the four points in his suit against the state.

Rush Limbaugh:
I said yesterday on this program that the Obama regime told Arizona to drop dead. Last night on Fox News on the Greta Van Susteren show, the governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer -- we admire Jan Brewer here -- went on Fox News and she said, "The Obama administration told Arizona to drop dead," and that is exactly what's happened. This is unbelievable. I don’t know how this guy is going to get over 20% of the vote in November. I don't believe what is happening in this country. I literally can't believe it, folks. 
I am sitting here, my mouth agape -- wide open -- in stunned disbelief! And that's not accurate because I know these people. I shouldn't be surprised, but, nevertheless, I am. And I'm scared. I am scared of what these people are doing to this country. This is not... For an administration, after winning, to react the way this one did and basically tell Arizona, "As far as we're concerned, you don’t even exist"? As we told you yesterday on this program, the regime said it is suspending existing agreements with Arizona police over enforcement of federal immigration laws.
I know what Rush means when he says "my mouth agape."  I've felt that way for the past four years.  Stunned amazement.

How can a sitting president refuse, just flatly refuse, to enforce the laws of this country?  The laws he took an oath to uphold?

The oath:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. 
It's that simple.

Screw you, Arizona.  You're on your own.

That's just great.  What are they supposed to do now?

If this is Obama's reaction to losing one of his four points against Arizona, what in the world will he do if he loses on ObamaCare?   Will he revive it with a stream of Executive Orders?

We have a dictator, folks.  And if this man is not voted out of office in November, we're screwed.  I know that sounds alarmist and "extreme," even.  But this is the most lawless, dangerous, self-absorbed, incompetent man ever to hold the office.  Jimmy Carter wasn't bright but this goes to a whole new level.

Hugh Hewitt has a new book out:  The Brief Against Obama:  The Rise, Fall, and Epic Fail of the Hope and Change Presidency.  I haven't read the book yet but Hewitt talks with Kathryn Jean Lopez here.

An excerpt of that interview:
LOPEZ: You accuse the president of abuses of office worse than any other president. Is he really worse than Nixon? Clinton. 
HEWITT: Nixon turned over the tapes. Clinton agreed to the deposition and the disbarment. President Obama’s assault on the Constitution via his unilateralism is still unchecked and unrepented. And the leaks about national security in an age of terror are astonishing and deeply troubling. Former CIA director Michael Hayden has referred to why these leaks are so damaging, and they make the “crimes” of Watergate and Monicagate seem minor-league by comparison. 
LOPEZ: Why is Fast and Furious so important? 
HEWITT: There is a body count, and it includes an American law-enforcement agent, Brian Terry.
It boggles the mind how anyone can continue to support this president.

And speaking of books, if you haven't yet read David Limbaugh's book The Great Destroyer, order it now.  I'm not finished with it but as I've been reading I've made a list of Obama's offenses, blunders, lawless actions, and just plain incompetence.  I'm up to 65 examples and am only halfway through the book.  The book is so thoroughly documented and footnoted that its content is irrefutable even to the most ardent supporters.  A great review can be found here.

Last night I started re-watching the John Adams mini-series.  The series was so well done and, to my mind, so artfully conveyed the intentions of the founders as they debated independence and wrote the Constitution for this country.  It made me sad watching it last night because we have strayed so far, so far, from their intentions.

From now until November this blog will focus with a renewed dedication on the defeat of Barack Obama in his bid for re-election.

Never has so much rested on one election.







2 comments:

Red said...

This is going to take conviction. Hopefully enough Americans who still love liberty and this country will exercise it in November.

Anonymous said...

I hope they do, and call the repugnicans exactly what they are on their way out!