Remember back in March when I dug this out of my neighbor's trash pile?
At that point it wouldn't even stand up because one of the feet on one of the legs was rotted.
It's an old telephone cabinet and was used, obviously, to keep that unsightly telephone out of view. This one had lots of problems when I went over, in the rain, and rescued it from the curb. The top part was coming apart from the table part, the veneer was gone on one of the sides and on the decorative piece on the front, and the veneer was peeling away in multiple places. the large door has a profound warp to it but I couldn't do anything about that. I tried.
Anyway, here is the restored version.
It's far from perfect and I have some touching up still to do, like the smudge by the hardware on the door:
But it's vastly improved.
I had to cut off the rotten feed so I'm going to find some tips to put on the bottom of the legs.
I had to replace the shelf in the storage compartment; I just got a piece of luan and then trimmed and stained it.
It's not a perfect restoration, but it is a pretty decent salvage job!