Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hell Freezes Over

I never thought I'd see Susan Estrich thinking like a Conservative:

The president is "not familiar" with the bill. No one can explain how it will work yet, as Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., told a contentious town meeting. There are various plans, and negotiations are still in the early stages.

But whatever it is, we should be for it.

Am I missing something?

We're only talking about our health and our kids' health, the things my mother, may she rest in peace, told me a thousand times are the only things worth caring about. If you have your health, you have everything. And if you don't, what in the world matters more than the best health care in the world, which is found right here?

Hell freezes over.

Wish you'd have listened to us earlier, Susan, but welcome to the fold.

(Via Memeorandum)

1 comment:

Red said...

Like rats on a sinking ship.