Monday, January 10, 2011

Silent on Tucson...For Now

This blog has been silent, you may have noticed, on the shooting in Tucson Saturday.  I learned of the shooting when I was sitting in a Mexican restaurant with my son celebrating his birthday (a day early!).  By the time I got home about an hour later the story had erupted into a politically-motivated-vitriolic-finger-pointing-without-facts mess.  Somehow it was all Sarah Palin's fault. 

Meanwhile, a federal judge was dead, as was a 9 year old child, among others.  As I watched coverage throughout the day I heard one story after another about Representative Giffords, as if she had been the only person injured.  The finger-pointing and the blame-game increased.  The knee jerk reactions are already starting.

I thought about firing up the laptop and blogging the events but something about it felt wrong.  So I've stayed quiet. 

I'm praying for Representative Giffords and am amazed at the forward progress she is making.  It's nothing short of miraculous.  I'm also praying for the other victims and their families. 

Beyond that, I'm not going to speculate on the motivations of Jared Loughner.  I'm not going to speculate as to whether or not political rhetoric is to blame. 

For once, I'm just going to hold my tongue.  And pray.

5 comments:

Red said...

Probably for the best to sit this one out.

Laurence L. said...

There are some to the point reports that I have picked up on from Fox News (gee, who'd-a-thunk)in the last hour (Mon 1-10-10 1100hrs)on how the left has framed it from minute one. Not much more needs to be said at this point.

Mike Thiac said...

Red

I would keep our powder dry and be ready to fire...this punk was a 911 Truther who loved the left and the first article in the Houston Chronicle (AP article) had five paragraphs on Sarah Palin's reaction to this...even though she had nothing to do with it. I agree we should let the legal process go on (that idiot sheriff in Tucson not withstanding) but not let the usual suspects blame people not involved (Sarah Palin, George Bush, et all) for the actions of this insane young man.

Charlene said...

I am praying for all the people who were injured or killed in this rampage. Your keeping quiet is appreciated.

Laurence L. said...

As the day has continued with nothing else but this as lead story everywhere, it's pretty hard to keep quiet.

The left has used this event to their standards, which by the way, were invented in 1919 by a group of people who became known eventually worldwide as the ComIntern.

As George Orwell wrote his novel in 1949 using the events of his time,he based his story around it, and it reads as a follow on to the ComIntern playbook.

If you will read "The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Empire" by Brian Crozier you can see what this playbook is and how it is used, and have a clear understanding of how it is being implemented in the United States today. It is a history of the beginning and end of not only the USSR, but the spread of its influences around the world, seen by him first hand as a member of British MI6 and foreign service.

This is all that I can say to anyone on the assassination attempt on a U.S. Representative yesterday. I will patiently and hopefully wait to hear about the recovery of this woman. And pray for her and this nation.