Friday, August 1, 2008

Check out Checkers


Meet Checkers. She pretty much rules the house; well no, that's not true. My teenager rules the house but that's another story. Checkers is a Boston Terrier/French Bulldog mix and she is a sweetie. Checkers is pretty smart and understands several human phrases. For example, if you say, "Do you wanna treat?" she will run to the kitchen and jump up and down in front of the cookie jar. This means "Yes, give me a treat NOW!".

She also understands, "Do you wanna go for a walk?" When you say this she will run to the back door and jump up and down in circles.

The best part is when you say "Kitty kitty kitty!" Then she will run to the front window and bark madly, moan and wail. It's great.

Her favorite is "You ready to go to bed?" at which time she will jump on the bed and paw at the covers until she is completely underneath. She will also respond to "Go get your toy!" which means it's time to play fetch or tug of war.

Whenever I'm working on the computer she will jump in the wicker chair behind me and sleep, snoring of course, and doing that dog-twitch thing. I told her I was going to put her on the internet and she snorted at me and then demanded a treat. Like I said, she pretty much rules the house.

No comments: