Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Nifty Lamp


I am loving this lamp that I found stuck in a back corner of a closet at my mother's house (found while I was on Rat Patrol). It doesn't work right now and has the base of a broken light bulb stuck in one of the two sockets but I'm going to take it to a professional and get it fixed up and checked out. I did a little research on it and found it was made by the Colonial Premier Lamp Company in Chicago, probably in the 1930s. It's brass and pewter and quite heavy. Mom said my father used it in college - how cute is that!?

I can't wait to get it all fixed up, polished, and then find the perfect art deco (probably) shade for it. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Stacy S. said...

I LOVE great finds like that! While in San Fran we passed a garage sale of this trendy girl and I bought a cute pair of boots for $2! It was practically free!

Unknown said...

Centenary Hardware does a great job rewiring lights and is very reasonable.

Pat Austin Becker said...

Thanks! I didn't know they still did that. I was thinking about C&C, but Centenary is closer to me!