Saturday, August 30, 2008

Incoming



Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal just closed schools in 30 parishes (including mine) through Wednesday because of Hurricane Gustav. Our local weather is predicting sustained winds of 40 + for two days, downed trees, flooding, and possible tornadoes. Steve's police department is going to 12 hour shifts and our evac shelters are filling up. Local stores are running out of bottled water already as well as batteries. I have rounded up all the batteries in the house I can find and started gathering candles. I'm rolling up the patio umbrellas and putting up the outdoor cushions. We are charging up iPods, laptops and cell phones! They are predicting Gustav to be a category 5 by the morning as it goes over the open Gulf waters. So continue to keep La. in your thoughts and prayers, especially the coastal areas. Jindal says this one is as bad as it gets.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Stay safe! I hope it turns out to be overreaction, but just in case, you're all in my thoughts and prayers!

Mary Frances Archer said...

Wow! Is Mimerl freaking yet? You know my friend Theresa still has all her family in New Orleans. After Katrina I shot all of their photos again at holiday when they came to visit, in a giant reunion and in different groups, because they had lost all of their family photos in Katrina. Knowing Theresa I really got a sense of it - b/c she told me days after "where I went to school, where I was born, where Dennis and I met, had our first date, got married - all gone, it's all gone". I cannot even imagine. :(