Friday, August 1, 2008

Tea Time


Steve and I went to eat at Yeero, Yeero tonight. It's only 103 degrees outside today so I decided to boycott the kitchen. Thus, Yeero, Yeero. A nice Greek salad sounded really good, but to be honest, the main reason I go there is for the Exotic Iced Tea. It rocks! Through the years we have asked a parade of servers for the recipe but it is apparently closely guarded. We surmised on our own that it was just iced tea with raspberry jello dumped in there, but of course, we are morons.

The closest we've come to breaking anyone down about it was our last server who told us it is a secret mixture of those flavorings they put over snow cones. He said they use raspberry (we were RIGHT!) and banana and cherry.... It is just embarrassing how many times the server has to come refill my glass. I will NEVER be able to duplicate this at home! But trust me, it's the best tea you'll ever drink.

4 comments:

bookboy28 said...

It doesn't get any better than sweet tea in the South. I miss it.

Pat Austin Becker said...

You're right about that bookboy; thanks for stopping by!

Pat

merroo said...

This is my favorite tea!!! I am from Shreveport, but now live out of state and this is one of those "must have" items during the holidays. This, Julie Anne's, a Humphrey from Counter Culture and Shaver's. i've never been able to figure out how to re-create the tea though, so thanks for giving a hint!

Pat Austin Becker said...

Hey if you get close to figuring it out, let me know! I'm due for another visit - it's been a while, and I'll keep hammering those servers for the recipe! Sooner or later I'll find one that doesn't know it's a secret.