The July 4 Shreveport/Bossier Tea Party is ready to roll; here is the tentative agenda:
(Some of the details are still be worked out, but this is the general event lineup.)
Plan to arrive around 4pm; Activities begin at approximately 5pm.
First 500 to arrive will receive free pocket constitutions.
1) Introduction - Royal Alexander to introduce Tea Party organizers.
Provide event details. First Aid Station, Voter Registration, Tea Party Registration, Constitution classes, announcement of kid's activities and any other 'family friendly' announcements;
Brief introduction of emcee, local radio personality, Robert J. Wright;
2) Star Spangled Banner - Shreveport’s own vocal soloist Margaret W. Jones, who performed at New York's Carnegie Hall last month will sing the Star Spangled Banner
**ROTC presentation of colors
3) Pledge of Allegiance - Faith Scott and members of Calvary Baptist
4) Invocation - Pastor Stephen Robinson;
5) Live Patriotic Music by LA Outlaws
6) A letter from an American - Penny Harville will read the inspiring letter.
7) Speakers (live music and announcements between speakers):
i. Ken Krefft: recitation of Declaration of Independence;
ii. Rev. Claude White: reflections on a celebration of freedom;
iii. Sharon McCullar: mother of two Marines reflections/freedom;
iv. Hayden Wallace: recitation of patriotic essay;
v. Richard (Rick) John: Soldier's Angels;
vi. Mike Johnson: constitutional perspective of freedom;
vii. Carroll Michaud: veteran - reflections on freedom;
viii. Health care speaker Dr. Jerry Gianoli, B.R. Neuro-otologist
ix. Rev. C.L. Bryant - reflections on celebration of freedom
7) God Bless America as sung by Margaret W. Jones.
8) Emcee adjourns rally and exhorts all gathered to be registered and stay involved! Invites all to stay for fireworks.
There will be a number of booths, limited concessions (including Sno Cones), porta potties and activities. Bring signs and lawn chairs and plan to have a great evening! This is a non-partisan, freedom celebration; everyone is welcome!
Help spread the word and call the Mike and Spike show Friday (105.3 FM) starting at 8:30 and talk about why you are going to the Tea Party. The number is 903-796-5078. You can also call the Moon Griffon show at 800-259-1440. Both are interested in hearing from you.
Go here to stay informed about latest developments and for a map to the Bossier Civic Center if you need one. The Facebook page is here.