Saturday, January 9, 2010

Full Metal Jacket Saturday: The Frozen Edition

I'm hibernating. Not going outside until spring. Well, I can't really do that but I hate cold weather and this mid-teens junk is about to do me in. I don't know how people ever become accustomed to stuff like this. We're going to top out at 33 degrees today which will be the first time above freezing in several days.

Life goes on. Today is my youngest child's 18th birthday. He thinks he's "legal" now and can do anything he wants, so he went out at midnight and got a tattoo. *sighs*. I hate it. Don't EVER tell his grandmother.

Without any further ado, lets get to the links:

Start out with My Bossier who tells the real story behind the line, "Elvis has left the building." Elvis performed here in the very early days of his career. There are two video clips at the link, one with a 19 year old Elvis performing at the Louisiana Hayride, here, and one of DJ Frank Page using the "Elvis has left the building" line for the first time.

The Daley Gator has news of an Obama musical. I swear.

Wyblog reports that the guy who forced the Newark airport to close for six hours has been arrested.

Professor Jacobson has a report on another Democratic tactic against Scott Brown. The good professor is at Brown's HQ today and will be Twittering updates from there.

Ann Althouse has been in Austin and has her camera with her.

Pundette tells all that is wrong with Obama.

Critical Narrative notes a liberal Congress in a conservative nation.

Carol at No Sheeples Here has ticked off somebody because she was having some fun with Robert Stacy McCain and the 'Bama game. Such pettiness is beyond me. I just don't get it. She's got a champion round-up over there, so check it out!

And speaking of Stacy McCain, I loved American Power's photo-essay on his pre-grame adventures with Stacy!

Fishersville Mike is thinking summer thoughts and has an adorable picture to prove it.

Did you know that Obamacare will be cheaper if you don't get married? Bread Upon the Waters has the info.

Caught Him With a Corndog has the latest on the Mary Landrieu recall.

Gateway Pundit reports that a judge is already tossing evidence against a Gitmo detainee.

Carol's Closet has a post on conservatives getting back to their values.

Left Coast Rebel is having a crazy day, but he found a good book!

Frugal Cafe Blog Zone takes you into Obama's oval office.

Sarah has a new puppy! Meet Sadie.

That's it for now. I have to get on with my Saturday "things" and I have to do a little bit of computer stuff for work next week. At least the sun is out today! If I stay inside and crank up the heat I can pretend it's July!

)

3 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks for the plug, Pat. My thermostat is on 72 and I have on a warm robe over my clothes, have not opened the door today - why do I feel like I'm freezing?!

Sarah said...

Sadie is free to anyone who has stock in paper towels. Sigh. Just kidding, but good grief. I didn't think something so little could poop so much.

Thanks for the link and STAY WARM! I will never move north. NEVER.

sheryl said...

when my boys went to college, they both got tattoos. kenny got his frat letters tattooed on his ankle and kyle got the jimmy buffett compass tattooed on his ankle. kenny later got a dog paw print on his upper arm in memory of hawkeye and blue. i think there's words w/ the paw print???

anyway, tattoos are a small thing until they become body art...like our former neighbor w/ 10 tattoos. have steven tell you about the one under his arm. gross!!!

funny story, sara was a freshman at iowa state when kyle was a jr or sr at iowa state. when kyle got his tattoo, he told grandma that he saw sara in the tattoo parlor. grandma had a stroke. he was kidding but later sara got a beta fish tattooed on her ankle.