Monday, January 25, 2010

What Economic Recovery?

Depressed.

I just filed my taxes.

My business isn't very complicated; one W-2...it's all pretty simple. And I use Turbo Tax; hey, if it's good enough for Little Timmy Geithner, it's good enough for me.

Except this year I'm only getting back just less than one-third than I did last year. At the end of my calculations and entering of figures, Mr. Turbo Tax says, "Congratulations! Because of the Federal Government's Economic Recovery Act, you kept more money in your pocket this year instead of relying on Uncle Sam!"

Gag me.

I didn't feel any windfall in my take home pay this year. Seriously.

Maybe enough for a Starbucks Grande Latte once a month.

"Economic Recovery" my foot.

Depressed.

(Graphic: www.thestockmasters.com)

No comments: