Friday, August 14, 2009

A Reading List for Obama

National Review Online has a suggested reading list for Obama, and it's very interesting; it's not unlike some suggestions I've made in the past. Not that he reads my blog, or anything. But maybe he reads NRO. Well, maybe not.

Anyway, go here to see what they say. One of their suggestions that I liked are David McCullough's Truman, "for a true-to-life look at what grassroots middle America has always been about (hint, hint). It also deals extensively with being a war president and the considerations that brings (including victory)." I'd go one further and also suggest McCullough's John Adams.

As I've said before, I think he needs to read more American History. NRO suggests other areas, too, such as Thomas Sowell and Michael Barone.

What are the chances of us getting him to read Culture of Corrupution?

No comments: