Monday, November 30, 2009

Andrew Sullivan is Back From His Lacuna

It's Monday which means back to work for me, back to work for Congress, and back to being obsessed for Andrew Sullivan.

Today he posts an "intellectually honest" review, or more accurately, partial review, of Sarah Palin's Going Rogue. The snippet of the review he posts only confirms, *GASP*!, Sullivan's premise that Palin is hiding something, something is being "covered up"! Crikey! I KNEW IT!

Sullivan laments the fact that Palin's editor, Adam Bellow at Harper Collins, didn't thoroughly "fact check" the book. In fact, Sullilvan has emailed, yes! EMAILED! Bellow for a confirmation that he did, in fact, review Palin's medical records before publishing the book:

I've emailed Bellow asking him about the fact-checking process for "Going Rogue." Getting an on-the-record confirmation that, for example, Harper Collins reviewed the medical records proving Palin's multiple medical stories (including corrected hospital records by her own account) would be a useful piece of information.

I was unaware of the fact that publishing a book made your private medical records necessary fodder for the process, but Sullivan must know, right? He gets the big bucks, not me.

Yes, I'll be on pins and needles waiting for that return email from Palin's editor. I'm sure Sully will let us know when it drops.

H/T: Memeorandum

1 comment:

Donna B. said...

Sullivan's just plain whacko about Palin.

On a lighter note, my BIL saw my copy of Going Rogue on the table when he came by Saturday... and asked to read it when I was through.

I could tell that he really wanted to take it with him right then, so I insisted.

Consider that he is a card-carrying union member and never even considered voting other than a straight Dem ticket before Obama... and well, I'm happy!