Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Rant is Simmering

I'm fighting the urge for a huge rant. It's simmering beneath the surface and I've been squashing it for a few days. It started a few days ago when a commenter accused me of never saying anything nice about the president. That's a rant in itself, but it's all mushing into one, now.

Then Fort Hood happened.

And now Obama is saying that he doesn't like any of the suggestions offered to him so far on Afghanistan. Like the king sending food back to the kitchen: "Bring me another!"

Since there is no war on terrorism anymore, and since nobody is calling the actions at Fort Hood an act of terrorism (which it was), here is Victor Davis Hanson who has the guts to say what it is:

Every few months either an Islamic-inspired terrorist plot will be foiled, or a young Muslim male will shoot, run down, or stab someone while invoking anger at non-Muslims. In other words, the attack on Fort Hood happened on schedule. It was the rule, not the exception. And something like it will occur again — soon.

His point is, of course, that we've gone back to a pre-9/11 mindset. I'm having deja vu from the Clinton years.

8 comments:

Red said...

The Clinton Years indeed. As far as having something nice to say about Obama, try this one out: He'll be out in four years G-d willing and the creeks don't rise.

Red said...

Oh and he has a cute dog.

Timeshare Jake said...

Obama has a strategy. It's weaken the military and run. He can't offend Islam to protect America.

Quite Rightly said...

I know what you mean about that simmering rant. I've had one of those on the soup burner since 11/5.

BoR said...

His crib is pimped, yo? Parties every night. Private jets.

Ok. That's the best I can do for now.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel.

Donna B. said...

Red... three years, don't make it worse than it is!!

Obama is what you get when you combine the worst of Carter and the worst of Clinton.

TNelson said...

Say something nice about "mr" obama??? are you fracking kidding me? That commenter obviously has tuned into the wrong blog. I have been simmering under the surface longer than I care to say..."yo - bartender - bring me another one..." I feel so helpless sometimes...