Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

The Journal of the day in my English classes on 9/11, ever since 2001, has asked students to recall where they were that morning and how that day has affected their lives. Our school is near the Air Force Base and we have a high population of Air Force kids.

Over the past couple of years I've noticed that they don't know, don't remember, and say they were unaffected. Well, the kids I have now were probably five when it happened. So I won't put that journal up today.

The ROTC at our school is having a ceremony at the flagpole this morning. My class will be going to that. We'll talk about it some afterward.

I know I will never forget where I was and what I was doing. I wrote about it last year in my first 9/11 post as a blogger. Nobody cares where I was on 9/11. But I wanted to write it down anyway. I know this: I'll NEVER forget the feelings I had that day. EVER. They are still as fresh today as they were then. But we move on. We remember, but we move on.

Take time today to remember the victims. Today, it's about them. It's not about the Truthers or about politics or anything else. The innocent victims.

No comments: