Friday, September 18, 2009

Here Comes Immigration Reform

Obamacare for illegals?

Speaking to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute on Wednesday, Obama said, "Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally, I also don't simply believe we can simply ignore the fact that our immigration system is broken. That's why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else. If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."

Ah well, who didn't see that one coming?

He calls it "comprehensive immigration reform" and I call it amnesty.

He calls them "12 million undocumented people living and working in this country" and I call them illegals.

It's all a matter of semantics, I guess. Perspective.

No comments: