Saturday, October 17, 2009

Full Metal Jacket Saturday - Fall Break Edition

I'm smack in the middle of a wonderful three-day weekend and finally, finally!, the monsoons have ended and the sun is out. I'm having visions of yard work getting done today. Steve is in Iowa this week visiting his family; my picture is one I took a few summers ago in Lamoni, where he is today.

Well, if my yardwork is going to happen I better get on to the linkage. Since Technorati has gone all crazy and screwed up their site, I'm sorry if you linked me and I miss it. Let me know and I'll add you!

I'm starting off with Professor Jacobson this week because he's just posted a definitive assessment of Obama so far, in my opinion. Who among us isn't sick to death of BHO blaming Bush for everything bad or difficult while taking the credit for everything positive?

If you live in the Shreveport/Bossier area, My Bossier is keeping up with the local budget deficit in Bossier City. Be sure to keep your eyes on that.

Fishersville Mike, not impressed with "Get a mop!", has three words for Obama. Troglopundit puts it in video perspective.

The Daley Gator has a funny video. That can't be for real! Seriously?!

Wyblog is not impressed with Technorati's makeover, either.

Pundette has some commentary on Obama's associations.

My currently favorite picture can be found at Snaggletoothie's place.

Stacy McCain is fired up about the Scozzafava/Hoffman race and I don't think we've heard the last from him on that subject. Carolyn Tackett has some related thoughts.

Yukio has a great piece on the subject of interracial marriages. Who knew that it's all because of Obama that tolerance for such unions now exists. Bah.

Donald Douglas takes a look at "Mao Tse Dunn" in the White House. Carol at No Sheeples Here! also comments.

Doug Ross had a lot of good stuff this week, but I especially liked these pictures of Normandy, then and now.

Gordon Cucullu has visited Standish Max Correctional Facility in Michigan, possible future home of Gitmo terrorists, and is filing reports.

Everyone to Red's house for breakfast!

Left Coast Rebel on Obama's reception in San Francisco.

Monique Stuart lets loose on Meghan McCain.

Now, would everyone please go over to Sarah's place and tell her to start blogging again!? She's been on break long enough! Same for Jimmie - I'm NOT happy he's taking a break, either!

Off now to enjoy a gorgeous day. Hope the same for you!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for noticing. LOL I should be back on it next week. Hopefully.

Meanwhile,

Have been blogging lots at http://gopwomen.blogspot.com/

and a little at http://criticalpolitics.wordpress.com/

Steve said...

Yesterday, I was in a town of Clear Lake, Iowa, about 25 miles south of Minnesota. Clear Lake is a beautiful town, but it has a sad history.
On the evening of February 2, 1959, at Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake Iowa during the Winter Dance Party, was to be the last performances for J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson, Richie Valens, and Buddy Holly (I am a fan of Buddy Holly).
A few hours later the trio, along with their pilot, took off from the near by Mason City airport enroute to Fargo, North Dakota, so they could do a performace the following night at nearby Morehead, Minnesota. A few minutes after takeoff, the plane crashed about 5 miles north of Clear Lake, thus making February 3, 1959"The Day the Music Died."
I didn't make it to the crash site, but I did pay homage at the Surf Ballroom. As I was standing in front of the Surf Ballroom, my mind was filled with "That'll Be the Day", "Maybe Baby", "Peggy Sue" and other great songs.
My God, what else would he have done? But what Buddy, Richie, and J.P. left were true treasures. Thanks Guys!

Bob Belvedere said...

Quoted from and linked to at:
I DON'T WANT TO GO ON A RANT HERE...