Saturday, October 10, 2009

Full Metal Jacket Saturday - The Fall Edition

There's a perfect nip of fall in the air; it stormed yesterday and a cold front blew through, leaving us with some nice, cool weather. It's the kind of weather where you want to be outside but you better wear a sweatshirt or a light sweater. The leaves are just starting to fall, trailing down from the trees one or two at a time, giving up their slight hold on the branches above.

And it's game day! Florida and LSU tonight! Woo hoo! Death Valley at night - can't beat it!

And best of all, my daughter, her husband, and my niece are coming from Dallas to visit this weekend. It's a postponed birthday visit and so that means I'm STILL celebrating my birthday. They are also coming to see my mom as it was her 85th birthday one day before my 50th. I have much to do this morning in preparation so let's get on to the links:

Stacy McCain isn't quite finished with Charles Johnson and LGF.

On Barry's Nobel Peace Prize award Bride of Rove had possibly the most giddy response! Little Miss Attila has the most succinct. Professor Jacobson has a quite rational response. Pundette, the most graceful. Donald Douglas, the most aggregations! Cassandra, the best pictures.

Carol at No Sheeples Here! offers her own prizes!



The prize for the best headline goes to Grandpa John!

Fishersville Mike has his Weekend Watchdog report. "Don't celebrate too much," he says. Is he talkin' to me?

Ruby Slippers makes the case for tort reform. I'm convinced.

Trog has been running a series of Sarahmotivators. This one is my favorite!

Speaking of awards, The Daley Gator has the Daley Douchbag award.

When we start to agree with Michael Moore, we know we have problems. Check out Left Coast Rebel.

Carolyn Tackett takes on the Sharia law story of the week.

Liberty Belle looks at the education system, and not in a good way, but I'd remind her that it's not ALL teachers trying to indoctrinate kids!

And finally, be sure to check out today's featured blog, Honesty in Motion. There's some good stuff going on over there!

Okay, there's more, but I've got to get busy. I have tons of things to do before the family gets here. Push back from the computer this weekend and get outside!

2 comments:

MarySue said...

Your daughter is beautiful. Enjoy your visit and delayed birthday celebration.

h said...

CHOMP!