Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mark Your Calendar: The 2009 Highland Jazz and Blues Festival

If you are in or around Shreveport, or will be, mark your calendar for November 14 which is the date for the 2009 Highland Jazz and Blues Festival. Good times!

On the schedule this year, so far, is:

The Rebirth Brass Band
Robin and the Bluebirds
Professor Porkchop and the Dirty Dishes
A. J. Cascio and the Two Tone Blues Band
River Breezes
A. J. Haynes
Dan Sanchez and the Kings of Pleasure
Howlin' Henry & the Harptones
Total Choice

I went last year (my first time) and had a blast. The fun kicks off at noon and goes until 5. As in previous years, there will be things for sale - food, beer, art, etc. Last year I bought a cool Christmas ornament from folk artist Bertha Cooper Harris, and some awesome blueberry granola.

Here is my account of last year's fun.

Join the Facebook group for updates!

Here's a video of Rebirth:



I am SOOOOOOO there! And all you people that wimped out on going with me last year because it was cold - grab a blanket!

No comments: