Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Who Cares?

Even if Bill Ayers really wrote Dreams From My Father, why would he spontaneously confess this to a stranger in an airport, especially after she reveals she is a conservative blogger?

Because he likes to play games?

Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. Maybe he heavily edited it. There's been a lot of speculation for months now; Jack Cashill has been analyzing the text for months, but what difference does it make at this point? If the end game is to reveal Obama as a liar for having claimed sole credit for the book, well, we already know he is really proficient at hiding the truth.

Does Bill Ayers want the royalties now, after all this time? Why not when the book was at the top of the charts? Don't you think Obama already took care of Ayers if, in fact, he did write the book for BHO?

No, no, no.

I admire Backyard Conservative's gumption for striking up a conversation with Ayers though. But if he wrote the book, well, it just doesn't matter to me anymore. I already know what I need to know about Obama.

(Much more at Memeorandum)

1 comment:

MarySue said...

I admire Anne Leary's composure in confronting him, I doubt I would have pulled that off. I wasn't all that interested in who wrote the book because, as you said, we already know what we have. Unfortunately we are stuck with it too.

Ayers' response fascinate me though. It's almost a perfect paradoxical response. He is playing with conservatives but I think Anne might be right that he harbors some bad feelings towards Obama. If someone did write that book, they hold an awful lot of power over Obama. If I were Obama I wouldn't want that person to be Ayers. He's sort of "explosive"