Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Java Needs a Good Home!

Hey, Shreveport/Bossier:

This is Java.  Java's house caught fire, his owners moved, and now Java has no place to live.  Bossier Animal Control came and captured Java after the fire and took him in.  Java was scheduled to be euthanized tomorrow, Thursday,  until a caring neighbor went to Animal Control and rescued him by paying for boarding and a rabies shot.

This caring neighbor has dogs that don't like cats, and can't keep Java.  This is a very sweet, affectionate cat who enjoys living both inside and outside.

If you know of someone who could provide a good, safe home for Java, please contact me via e-mail and I'll put you in touch with the caring neighbor.  Java will be in quarantine at Animal Control as a precaution and can't leave until May 19.

He really is sweet!

8 comments:

Reaganite Independent said...

What a beautiful cat- unique look

Sure glad you saved him~

Pat Austin Becker said...

He is beautiful! But I didn't save him. I'm not said "caring neighbor." But I know who is! :)

Red said...

What a sweet boo kitty! I hope he finds a loving home. It would be just awful to put him down because of circumstances beyond his control. Shame on those people for just dumping him like that. That is so wrong.

Pat Austin Becker said...

Clarification: Java wasn't dumped by his owners. They were still coming to feed him. They just don't have a place for him now and once Animal Control got him they couldn't afford to get him out after the other expenses of a house fire. Don't think badly of his parents!

ashleyburger said...

posted on my facebook!

Red said...

Oh. The way it was worded made it sound like he was dumped. Are they trying to get him back? Do they need funds to do so? I'd send something.

Anonymous said...

I'm in Rhode Island, I'd take him, but I'd have no way to go get him. My daughter and I have been wanting to get a cat.

Mares

steve said...

If anyone is thinking about getting a pet, don't forget there are lots of loving animals at your local pet shelter wanting a good home.
You may not only be enriching a life, you may be saving one.