Monday, May 10, 2010

Seal of Honor

A few summers ago I read Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell and have referenced Luttrell and his book several times on this blog.  I was even lucky enough to have Mr. Luttrell autograph my copy for me!  If you've never read the book, you should.  It's riveting and well written. 

There's now a companion book, Seal of Honor, about the life of Lt. Michael P. Murphy, the Medal of Honor recipient Luttrell writes about in his book.  During a fire fight on an Afghanistan mountain, Murphy walked into a clearing so he could get a signal and radio for help.  He was killed as a result. 

I'm ordering this one today!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hi Pat! Thanks for the recommendation. I have read "Lone Survivor." In fact, my #3 son read it a few years ago, and it was one of the factors that helped him decide to make the US military his career.

He's in the Army Reserve now (Medic), but plans to enter the regular Army as an officer when he finishes at LSUS.

Thanks...I'm ordering this myself.