Sunday, August 3, 2014

Help My Classroom Update

I want to thank everyone who has donated to my back-to-school campaign this year so far and give an update.  I've received several very nice donations through Donors Choose and Adopt-my-Classroom and some anonymous angel has pledged a dozen thumb drives via Amazon.

You just can't know how much it means to both me and my students to get this help.  Over the years I've spent thousands of dollars out of my own pocket to buy materials and supplies for my students (what teacher hasn't?).  What I finally learned is that there are kind, generous people out there who are willing to help and who believe in funding education.

So, I'm very grateful!

As we begin school this week, my most pressing needs are below.  I still need about 15 of the Rick Bragg books; and you can still use the Donors Choose link and the Adopt-my Classroom link.  Nothing is too small!  Five dollars, one book, a dozen pencils - we can use it all!  And if you can't donate financially you can absolutely help by sharing this post on your social media - the more people that know we need help, the more likely these kids will get some help!

No comments: