Monday, December 31, 2018

Brief Reflections on 2018

As we say goodbye to 2018, I want to take a moment to thank you guys for being here and for being a part of what was a terrific year for me.  This blog turned ten years old this year and some of you have been here since the first day.

It's been a good year.  Your support of my classroom library project has been phenomenal and it has been, and will continue to be, a wonderful success.

If you've been here a long time, you followed my Cane River Bohemia journey and we finally saw that project come to fruition this year with the publication in October of my book about the remarkable life of Cammie Henry.  What a ride that has been, and continues to be!  Thank you!

This year I discovered lots of new books to love (some in the links below), I fell in love with Acadiana and made some wonderful new friends, I attended the Books Along the Teche Literary Festival and I presented at the Louisiana Book Festival. I propagated Spanish moss in my magnolia tree, I went to some baseball games, and I tried really hard to be a nice person (it wasn't always easy!)

The year has been a good one for me, but it hasn't been for everyone and there has been a lot of loss and sadness too.

As we look to 2019, I want to keep the good vibes and momentum going. I don't make resolutions, but I do want to continue to reflect and grow every single day. Let's all remember to be kind to each other.

Tonight, if you're out celebrating, don't drink and drive. Call a taxi, call Uber, call a friend.

We are staying in, with our animals (who hate fireworks), and I'll probably be reading a book. Tomorrow, the Winter Classic and our traditional black eyed peas, greens, and corned beef.

Y'all stay safe and have a great New Year!






No comments: