Monday, May 30, 2016

Home Again

I've been on vacation for the past week and thus the longer-than-usual dry spell between posts.  We spent a lovely week in Iowa visiting family and rushed back sooner than we may have liked in order to participate in several Memorial Day events today.  If you read this in time, be sure to get over to the Greenwood Cemetery at Centenary and Stoner for their annual Memorial Day ceremony at 1:00.

I'll share some vacation photos later -- I attended my first livestock auction, which was pretty neat, and we ate everything on our Iowa Food Bucket List like Maid Rite sandwiches and breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches, among other things.  It was heavenly.

I love being in the Midwest for those patriotic holidays - Memorial Day or Independence Day.  It's truly the heart of America.

Take a moment today to remember the fallen.

No comments: