Friday, July 1, 2011

Adventures in Yard Sales - Part 2

We're still on schedule to have this yard sale tomorrow morning.  As I reported earlier, we've spent the whole week cleaning out, sorting, washing, pricing junk for the yard sale.

This photo is part of my spread.  Donny and Gena have theirs out too but I didn't take a picture.  I don't have all mine out yet because some of it will go outside the locked gate in the morning; what's out now is secured behind a gate for the night. 

And I sprained my ankle.

Yeah.  Tell me why this crap happens to me?  I'm working like a busy bee all afternoon in the 100 degree heat getting this mess set up and around 4:30 I rolled my right ankle and hit the ground.  It quickly puffed up to the size of a small orange.  The Teenager helped me into the house where Steve came and fixed me up with an ice bag. 

And here I sit.

This should be interesting.

Early predictions?  Donny and Gena will crush me again in dollar totals at the end of the day.  He has 300 classic albums for sale, a multi-component stereo system he's asking $600 for (and that's his bottom line), a $150 rug (never used), a $200 antique clock...plus the usual garage sale crap like coffee mugs and clothes.  They do have some nice looking stuff over there.

I don't have anything over $25 in my haul. 

Going to ice the ankle for a while.  Updates tomorrow.  Live blogging a garage sale.  How lame. 

3 comments:

sheryl said...

"how lame." you're a chameleon!

Adrienne said...

OMGosh! So sorry about the ankle. I've sprained one of mine twice. They're (your ankle) never the same.

We're planning a garage sale for later this year. I'm hoping my doc will give me some Valium. I'll need it.

Good luck with the sale and God bless...

Bride Of Rove said...

My marriage survives because D and I made a pact never to ever have a yard sale. I shall pray for you ... especially in this heat.