Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another CEO Speaks Out Against Obama

I suspect more and more of these CEO bigwigs will begin to speak out as 2012 draws near.  First Steve Wynn and now Home Depot Co-founder Bernie Marcus.  When asked by Investor's Business Daily what is the single biggest impediment to job growth today, Marcus replied:

The U.S. government. Having built a small business into a big one, I can tell you that today the impediments that the government imposes are impossible to deal with. Home Depot would never have succeeded if we'd tried to start it today. Every day you see rules and regulations from a group of Washington bureaucrats who know nothing about running a business. And I mean every day. It's become stifling.

If you're a small businessman, the only way to deal with it is to work harder, put in more hours, and let people go. When you consider that something like 70% of the American people work for small businesses, you are talking about a big economic impact.

Las Vegas mogul Steve Wynn had a similar sentiment earlier this week:

And I'm saying it bluntly, that this administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in my lifetime. And I can prove it and I could spend the next 3 hours giving you examples of all of us in this market place that are frightened to death about all the new regulations, our healthcare costs escalate, regulations coming from left and right. A President that seems -- that keeps using that word redistribution. Well, my customers and the companies that provide the vitality for the hospitality and restaurant industry, in the United States of America, they are frightened of this administration. And it makes you slow down and not invest your money.

Some are predicting retaliation on those who speak out against the Obama regime, and that may be true, but this could also be the start of a pattern where you see more and more folks willing to speak out about how Obama's policies affect them.

This in combination with the latest PPP results, which show Obama underwater, might entice some to early optimism about 2012.  Add to that the fact that Rush Limbaugh has declared Obama "easily beatable" and all of a sudden we're lured into complacency.

Don't be.

This regime has no intention of losing the White House.  Their agenda is not complete.  Both Obama and FLOTUS implore their supporters to "Let's finish what we started..."

Do not be complacent.  Do not be confident.  Do not rest easy.  Do not quit fighting. 

Ask yourself, "Why is the left so adamant that voters must show ID to vote?"   You have to have an ID to get a driver's license, to register for college, any number of things.  I even have to show photo ID when I go to the doctor now.  I tried to cash a $20 check at my own bank recently and because I'd married last year and not yet changed my name on my bank account, they wouldn't cash my check despite the fact that I had my marriage license and five different photo IDs with me.  But I bet I could have voted!

Even as Steve Wynn and Bernie Marcus come forward and speak the truth, others will follow.  Obama may indeed be in serious jeopardy in 2012.  But don't assume that.

My gut feeling is that he's going to lose in a landslide.  Early call.  But I'm not going to rest easy until it's done.  We can't take four more years.

(H/T:  Memeorandum)

1 comment:

robot said...

Thanks for the link, Pat. :))