Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another Virtual High Five for Allen West

Oh Allen West!  What a card! 

Representative West has set the internet all aflame with his email smack down of DNC chair and fellow Representative Debbie Wasserman Scultz.  Rep. West took exception to comments by DWS on the House floor yesterday and I've just got to print that email in its entirety even though it's already everywhere:

From: Z112 West, Allen
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 04:48 PM
To: Wasserman Schultz, Debbie
Cc: McCarthy, Kevin; Blyth, Jonathan; Pelosi, Nancy; Cantor, Eric
Subject: Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman-Schultz

Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself forthright against your heinous characterless behavior……which dates back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October 2010 in Deerfield Beach.

You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!

Steadfast and Loyal

Congressman Allen B West (R-FL)
Reaction to Rep. West's letter is as you would expect.  The left is not pleased and the right is offering virtual high-fives.

The best response comes from Doug Ross who says:

Hey, idiot: it's not "big oil and millionaires" that destroyed Medicare: it's you. You're an embarrassment, Debbie. And I can't wait until Allen West is House Speaker; I hope he puts your office in the basement with [Milton] and his red stapler.

Office Space!  Hilarious!

Debbie Wasserman Scultz might have overlooked the fact that she's dealing with a combat veteran and would do well to remember that Allen West knows how to deal with the likes of her.

Oh, I know about West's interrogation style in Iraq but I'm glad he's got the cojones to call it like it is.  If she's going to violate the decorum of the House floor and speak ill of a member not present then West is correct in correcting her.

Does it "lower the discourse"?  Maybe, but hey.  After listening to the left, and to Obama, the discourse be damned.  The left offers some of the lowest discourse there is. 

Consider this my own virtual high five to Allen West!

3 comments:

Kartman said...

I too would like to give West a high five for his comments to DWS. Most of his statements are correct but I world like to differ with him on one thing. The most vile, unprofessional and dispicable member of congress in either house is Shelia Jackson Lee.

Steve said...

Debbie Wasserman Shultz wants to pick a fight with Allen West? Really? Does she know who she is messing with? I have an inkling she doesn't.
Allen West is a hero in the eyes of veterans, and many would follow this man to hell and back, because Allen West would get them back alive or die trying.
This man jeopardized his military career, because he feared that his men's lives were in danger.
What has DWS done besides being a political hack her who adult life.

Anonymous said...

The animosity between West and Wasserman Shultz must have been brewing for some time. He probably just got a stomach full and decided to let her have it. I would have preferred that he had done it in private but she would have probably run to the press. Hope she learned something from this - don't mess with West!