Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Obama Youth Video

This video just creeps me out. These are kids from the Urban Community Leadership Academy of Kansas City, MO . The video was made last year when Obama was starting his campaign and the school says that they have now stopped this regiment because they thought it was pushing a specific political agenda (you think??) It reminds me of the Hitler youth program. Don't misunderstand: I'm not saying Mr. Obama had anything to do with this group. What disturbs me is the cultish aspect of it. It's creepy.

3 comments:

Mary Frances Archer said...

I'll have to watch it but my first thoughts when I heard about it was "if a Catholic boys choir sang a song about loving Kennedy - wouldn't it have been considered charming and sweet?" or not? If a bunch of kids from Atlanta sang about Carter - would it mater? Reagan? I mean - I get what's weird but I think it's the day today - to think things are "bad" and not innocent - I truly think kids sing all sorts of songs they are taught and that this is quite harmless. But that's me. Idon't think I'd care at all if a video of kids sang about Palin or McCain you know?

Pat Austin Becker said...

Not sure but I think you're thinking of the kids video singing about change and such; this one is not that one.

Sarah said...

I don't get how all of these people are saying it's not partisan or supporting any one candidate! With that, with the artile I posted on my blog about the VA teacher's union...even Gwen Ifle's book. I think she was fair, but I still think writing a book with a candidate's name in the title is grounds for examination!