Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin Power


I am SOOO not crafty it isn't even funny but I think these tiny pumpkins are adorable. I always pick up a few to place around the house and on my desk at school, but I've never thought about carving them. I would probably cut my hand off. These are from the Southern Living website and I think they're adorable in this window box. And I love these other ones that are hanging outside at night. Of course, I'd probably burn down the neighborhood.

I started making Christmas houses back in January thinking I would have at least six or seven by now. How many do I have? One. Almost two. I'm expecting a flurry of house-making before Christmas. But again, I'm just not very crafty.

If you want to try to put some of these little guys in your trees, here's how you do it:

• Hammer three holes in a can lid in a triangle pattern. A large nail punches a good hole.
• Thread wires through the holes, and twist them together at the top and under the lid. Hammer a twist nail through the center of the lid's bottom, and secure it using a glue gun.
• Push the pumpkin onto the nail, and hang it from a tree limb, far away from foliage.

(Image credit: SouthernLiving.com)

2 comments:

Mary Frances Archer said...

I painted and decorated a kick ass haunted house for Isabel this year and sent it to her. Wish I had photo'd it first! I made it have black skull lanters on each side of the door on its front porch and painted it black with purple glitter in it and a deep purple trim - bats on the windows, etc - she will LOVE it.

Pat Austin Becker said...

Can't remember which magazine it was now, but one of them had Haunted Gingerbread Houses which were way fun!