Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Stuff



I had a request for my recipe for the cranberry congealed salad mentioned in my FMJRA post yesterday, so here it is!  It's good stuff!


1 oz. package raspberry flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 16 oz. can whole-berry cranberry sauce
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped pecans
lettuce leaves
garnishes:  celery leaves, fresh cranberries


Combine gelatin and boiling water, stirring 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.  Chill until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg white.  Stir in cranberry sauce, celery, and pecans.  Spoon mixture into lightly oiled individual molds or a 4-cup mold.  Cover and chill until firm.  Unmold onto lettuce lined plates.  Garnish, if desired.  8 servings.


This recipe came from the Southern Living Christmas Book.


I'm making my final list of things I need to pick up to get Thursday's meal together, then Steve and I are headed to the Norton today to check out the Ansel Adams exhibit. 


No politics today.

No comments: