Monday, April 27, 2009

The Day After Massive Yard Work

Aches and pains. What I had intended to be a "few hours" of yard work ended up being an all day affair. I mowed, edged, fired up the blower, raked, cleaned three flower beds, planted impatiens and caladiums in two beds, put down five bags of mulch, dug up one ugly plant with a root ball the size of Texas, filled the gaping hole with new dirt, and planted two calla lilies.

Today there are aches and pains in places I didn't know could ache OR pain and I have a throbbing headache. Too much sun. Too much work. But it will be worth it later.

And today I'm off to teach Shakespeare to tenth graders. This should be fun.

1 comment:

snaggletoothie said...

It all sounded difficult but not so bad until you brought in teaching Shakespeare to tenth graders.